Open to non-profit yacht clubs or recreational boating organizations located in Northern California which:
- Committed to promotion of recreational boating
- Active existence for a minimum of two years
- Regular dues paying membership whose members own at least 20 watercraft
- Interests compatible with Member Clubs
Regular Membership for those meeting above requirements and accepted.
Associate Membership for those not meeting all requirements but are accepted.
Letter of application from the club commodore to the PICYA Secretary stating:
- Permanent mailing address
- List of officers
- Roster of all members including date of acceptance for membership
- Copy of By Laws
- Copy of Articles of Incorporation
- Fleet description number, power, sail, watercraft, etc.
- Outline of ability to contribute to interests of yachting (safety, education, junior boaters, public service)
- Payment of first year’s dues ($3 per member, min of $125, max of $1,400)
- Membership committee evaluates application, makes recommendation to Board of Directors
- Board of Directors evaluates application, makes recommendation to Assembly of Delegates
- Assembly of Delegates may approve the application (2/3rds vote of those present required)
Excerpts of By Laws & Standing Rules March 28, 2007